unTill® hospitality software was developed from the ground up to be the most stable and secure ordering system in the world. Rather than use a central database, unTill® uses cluster database technology. Within unTill® the database is stored on each local station. Additions, modifications, and deletions made to the database on any network terminal are synchronised to all other terminals within 0.15 seconds. This creates significant advantages when it comes to:
- Speed: Only changes are sent over the network so data transmission can be kept to a minimum. Changes on the network appear to be instantaneous to all users.
- Server problems: The traditional client-server system uses a central server to store all transactional data, which is risky as that server can be the single point of failure that takes down an entire system. unTill® removes the single-point-of-failure risk by storing the entire database on multiple terminals throughout the network.
- Operational Security: The traditional client-server system uses a central server to store all transactional data, which is risky as that server can be the single point of failure that takes down an entire system. With unTill® the possibility that a failed central server paralyses the entire network is non-existent. If a terminal goes down in an unTill® network it’s task is, without intervention, immediately taken over by another terminal. All other terminals will continue to work normally and the information on the down terminal is automatically synchronised to the others the moment it is reconnected to the network.
- Redundant Data: Given that each terminal always stores the entire database, the number of copies in circulation is equal to the number of network terminals; the risk of data loss is essentially eliminated.
- Installation and Startup Time: Adding a terminal to the network is literally plug-and-play. As soon as a new terminal is introduced to the network the other terminals immediately begin sharing their database, and the new terminal is almost instantly ready for use.
- IP / WI-FI Printing: You can have as many IP or Wi-fi printers as you like on the network. unTill® gives you complete control over what prints where.
- Database by WIFI: If you have difficulties running network cable in your building you can install a terminal using a Wi-fi network. Although wired connections are inherently more stable than wireless networks, unTill® is able to accommodate when wireless is a necessity.